Creamy Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Potatoes
When I was younger mashed potatoes could have been a side dish for every meal. I'm pretty sure most children under the age of fourteen would agree. Over the years I have become somewhat of a connoisseur, ordering and making different interpretations. (not including instant cheddar potatoes in college) I'm still on the quest for new flavorful recipes, but here is one of my favorites!
- 2 1/2 -3 pounds red skin potatoes, quartered
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Place potatoes and garlic into pot. Add water to cover potatoes by 1 in. Bring to a boil, add salt and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- Add butter and rosemary, then begin to mash with potato masher. Once you have reached desired consistency slowly stir in milk and cream.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Add in gruyere cheese for a twist!