Twisted Tomato and Pesto Pull Apart Bread
Twisted Pesto Sun Dried Parmesan Bread is what's baking in the oven today!
I can't ever seem to braid my hair, but surprisingly this twisted loaf turned out nicely. I’m feeling lots more bread making in the near future.
The flavors are amazing and I can assure you it will be devoured quickly!
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 4 tsp yeast
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
I cheated and purchased pesto and sun dried tomato spread instead of making from scratch:) This loaf was made with spreads from Trader Joe's, perfect complimentary flavors.
- 4 Tbsp basil pesto
- 4 Tbsp sun dried tomato spread
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Mix yeast, warm milk, and sugar in a bowl. Once yeast has dissolved, stir in flour, oil, and salt. Kneed until forms into a smooth dough. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 1-2hrs or until dough has doubled in size.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Once dough has doubled, roll out onto floured surface into a rectangle about 16 inches long.
- Spread pesto and sundried tomato across dough leaving a space around the edge. Sprinkle lightly with mozzarella.
- Then roll dough rectangular wise until forms a long cylinder shape.
- Next take a sharp knife and cut the dough length wise in half. You should have two long pieces. Flip pieces upright where you can see the filling on top.
- Connect the two dough pieces the top and begin overlapping or twisting until reach the end. Press end pieces together with your fingers.
- Brush a little olive oil on the ends and sprinkle loaf with a bit more cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool on rack for 15-20 min.