Herbs and White Cheddar Scones
During the warmer months I like to spend my Saturday mornings getting lost in farmer's markets and eating fresh scones by local bakers. Lovely I know! Since moving to Nashville I have been craving a favorited mixed herb scone. If you're anything like me, I need to satisfy those cravings or I find myself pigging out on everything else!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp organic sugar
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 Tbsp dried rosemary (or 1 1/2 Tbsp freshly chopped)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (chop into small cubes)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup graded sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, parsley, sugar, thyme, baking powder, rosemary and salt.
- Add butter pieces and mix with hands until resembles cornmeal.
- Stir in milk and egg.
- Knead dough 10 times on lightly floured surface.
- Place dough onto lines cookie sheet. (brush a small amount of olive oil onto parchment paper if desire)
- Shape dough into 6-7 inch round.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Bake for 15-20 min at 400F (until golden brown).
Serve warm with a side of butter and maybe a glass of wine!! Who am I kidding?.. YES to a glass of wine:)