Soft Pretzel Knots
Pretzels, Pretzels, and more Pretzels!! Its raining salt all over my kitchen today:)
If you love pretzels and don't want to wait in line to enjoy one, try this quick and easy recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 1/4 tsps yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 stick melted butter
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Course salt
*Olive oil for surfaces*
- Combine sugar, salt, yeast, and warm water into mixing bowl. Let sit about 5 minutes until frothy.
- Sift flour into yeast mixture, then add butter. Using dough attachment on mixer, start at a low speed. Once combined turn up to medium for 3-5min. to knead the dough.
- Remove dough and oil inside of bowl, before returning dough. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let sit for an hour in a warm location. Make sure dough has doubled in size.
- Meanwhile cover two pans with parchment paper and lightly brush with olive oil.
- In a large pot bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Lightly rub oil onto a working surface and cut dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each piece into a 10-12 inch rope. Take rope and tie and loop into a a single knot. One end going through the center and the other end under and around to connect the pieces.
- Gently place each knot into the boiling water for 30 seconds using a spatula. Transfer to baking sheets.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 12-15 min. or until golden brown.
Serve with favorite dipping sauce. I'm a honey mustard girl!