Vegan Coconut, Raspberry, and Dark Chocolate Popsicles
Do you ever crave ice cream when its cold outside? Not exactly sure why, but I seem to eat more ice cream in the winter than I do in the summer. Shortly afterwards I'm freezing and throwing on a sweater or wrapping up in a blanket. I'm totally that person who drinks a smoothie while walking through the grocery store shivering with goose bumps!
Today was a typical cold and rainy January day, so naturally I decided to make popsicles. A little dark chocolate, some frozen raspberries, and sweetened coconut milk makes a perfect winter treat!
This recipe makes 10 popsicles using a plastic mold with wooden sticks.
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut cream
- 1 (15 oz) coconut milk
- 1/3 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2/3 cup chopped frozen raspberries
- Combine coconut milk, cream, agave, and vanilla in small pot. Whisk at medium heat until thoroughly blended.
- Set liquid aside to cool.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips in the top of 5 molds. Add a small amount of raspberries in the tip of the remaining 5 molds.
- Spoon 3 Tbsp of cooled cream into all 10 molds.
- Place molds into the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
- Alternate chocolate and raspberry fillings adding cream to each layer.
- Place wooden sticks into popsicles. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- I replace the lid in between layering to stabilize sticks in the freezer.
- Continue adding chocolate, raspberry, and cream layers. Freezing each layer for 30 minutes to set and add stripes.
- Once molds are completely full, replace lid and freeze for 3 hrs or over night.
- To remove popsicles I ran warm water over the bottom of the for about 60 seconds.
- Popsicles can be wrapped individually in plastic wrap and frozen.