Gluten Free Orange Cream Tart
During the cold and flue season I eat nectarines all day! I may or may not leave a trail of orange peelings throughout the house. As an effort to pack more vitamin C into my diet, naturally Iincorporated oranges to my dessert. The almond crust, lemon juice, and zest creates a light zingy flavor. One piece is not enough, trust me:)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup raw organic sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from two nectarine oranges
- 4 peeled and sliced nectarine oranges
- Thinly coat a rectangular tart tray with coconut oil and preheat oven to 350 F.
- In large bowl whisk together the almond flour, meal, sugar and salt.
- Then add butter and vanilla, mixing with hands until resembles thick corn meal and begins to stick together.
- Pour crumbs into tart pan pressing into sides and corners first. Remaining crumbs should evenly cover bottom of tray. press with fingers or spoon until well distributed and packed. Place tart tray in freezer for 15-30 min to set.
- Bake crust only for 20-30 min until golden. Allow to cool completely before adding filling.
Make the filling:
- Add all ingredients except for sliced oranges into mixer bowl.
- Mix on medium until throughly blended.
- Spoon half of the mixture onto cooled tart and chill in refrigerator for 20 min.
- Next place sliced oranges onto chilled cream.
- Then, cover with remaining cream filling.
- Chill for an additional 20 min to allow cream to set.
- Finally place remaining orange slices on top of cream.
- Allow to chill for 2hr or overnight before serving.
Make sure to have several people to serve, or you will want to eat the entire thing by yourself!!